CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 10, 2012

the big day...happy birthday to averie

Happy Birthday to me.  I am so happy it's my birthday...of course, I didn't know what was in store for my birthday!!  But, I was excited to be turning 7!

Me, Averie Grace...the birthday girl!
Opening up my presents from Daddy, Mommy, Brady, & Brecken...this was a God's princess set...book, DVD, & Bible
Reading my cards...all by myself!
And...opening up my big gift.  The card told me that I was going with Mommy to the American Girl Doll store in Atlanta, Georgia, to buy my very first American Girl Doll.  I was SOOO excited.  I have been wanting one for about 3 years, but I just keep patiently waiting!  Now, I not only get to have one...I get to go to Atlanta and pick her out myself!!  And, I was going to get to right after breakfast ON my birthday...so awesome!
Breakfast with my brothers...I chose Bob Evans!  Yummy!
Daddy & Me
Mommy & Me
After breakfast, we headed back home for my next surprise.  Oma comes into my house to tell me "Happy Birthday!"  Then, she told me that she was going with us to the American Girl Doll store.  I was sooo excited!  Then, after big hugs and kisses to Daddy & my brothers, I walked outside to find Aunt Helen there with Stephanie.  They were going, too!  This was so awesome!!  So, off we went.  First stop...lunch at Fuddruckers, my choice!
Having fun with my BFF at Fuddruckers!
Next stop...the American Girl Doll store!  This birthday girl was so super excited!!
Once we got inside, we looked all around.  Then, we found the "just like me" case of dolls to choose from.  I had it narrowed down to 3 choices and kept looking and looking.  I finally decided on Doll #23...brown hair, freckles, and blue eyes!  I named her Gracie.
I love her!
Gracie & me
Mommy, Gracie, & me
After spending a few hours at the American Girl store...and spending most of the money my grandparents, uncles, aunts, & cousins gave me for my birthday for the American Girl store...we headed to a yummy Italian dinner (my choice).  Afterwards, I had another surprise...we were staying at a hotel that had a section of the hotel decorated in American Girl stuff...all pink and pink and more pink!  I LOVED it!  They had a check-in for me & Gracie...roped off in pink.  So, I checked Mommy, Oma, Gracie, & me in our hotel...and Stephanie got to check in her, Aunt Helen, & Madison.
Signing our credit cards...good for $5 in the gift shop!
I also got a birthday tiara...one for me & one for Gracie.  I also received a lollipop, room keys, vouchers, and more!  We were all checked in and ready to see our room!
When I walked in my room, I was super excited...the room was decorated in so much PINK!!  The bed/pillows were pink, the towels in the bathroom were pink...Gracie got a pink bed for her to sleep in (& to keep!), and we both (Gracie & Me) got pink robes to wear while we were in the hotel room.  I got a birthday balloon and princess wand as well!  It was awesome!
I am relaxing in my robe with Gracie...and some of my bday goodies!
The birthday princess & princess Gracie!
I was too excited to rest just yet.  So, Mommy let me open a few of my goodies and play with Gracie.  I was ready to fix her hair and get her ready for bed as well!
Then, there was a knock on the door.  A man walked in with a PINK birthday cupcake for me, chocolate chip cookies for me AND Gracie...each with our own cup of milk!  So, Aunt Helen, Stephanie, and Madison came over, and they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  So fun!
Making my wish and blowing out my candle!
My cupcake, tiara, and milk/cookies for Gracie & me
Gracie enjoyed her cookies...so did I!
Stephanie got to stay and play with me for a little while after we enjoyed our desserts!  We had so much fun laughing and talking...just us girls!
The next morning...we got to head back to the American Girl store since Mommy told me my next surprise...we were having lunch at the store!  I was excited again!!  So, here I am giving Gracie a kiss...ready to have lunch with her!
Gracie & me
The next part surprise...not only was I having lunch at the AG store with Stephanie (& our dolls, of course!), my good friend, Kara, who moved to Atlanta 6 months ago, was joining us for lunch!!  I hadn't seen her since June, and when we saw each other, we ran and gave each other big, big hugs.  It was so fun!  We had a great time...and she even told me other great news...they are moving back to Huntersville right after Christmas.  This was the best weekend ever! :)
Lunch was so much fun...they have little menus & little cups/plates for our dolls.  I was excited...Gracie & me
Our dolls each got their own hook on booster seat so they could join us at the table for our lunch.  This is Gracie next to Kara's doll.
Mommy, me, & Gracie...enjoying our little drinks of water
Feeding Gracie
At the end of lunch, the waitresses came out and sang "Happy Birthday" to me...along with my family & friends that were there.  I was laughing while doing the chicken dance!
Making my wish...
Us girls enjoying our dessert...yummy!
Our gang...Oma, Madison, Stephanie, Aunt Helen, Me, Mommy, Mrs. Lisa, & Kara
(& our dolls, of course)
After lunch and last time shopping through the store (it was sooo busy on Saturday...I am glad that I had spent most of my birthday money the night before), we enjoyed our last surprise before heading home...a manicure!
A relaxing way to end a great weekend!
On our way home, we stopped for dinner.  I was so tired that I feel asleep at dinner...in Oma's arms.  (Sorry the picture is so blurry...it was taken with Mommy's phone!)  What a great weekend I had...a wonderful 7th birthday celebration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment